Leisure - Activities and Interests - 2017
Download this information in a pdf file for convenient reference and printing here
(To read a pdf file you need to have Adobe® ReaderTM installed on your computer.)
I provide a service to visit you where you engage in your hobby or activity and take numerous pictures to ensure that we get the handful of shots that catch you at your best and in the best conditions. As with all photographic services that I provide you can say just what you want and I will work around your wishes and pay immense attention to the pictures when taking them and afterwards using advanced digital processing software.
Note that indoor sedentary activities can be treated as portraiture. Portrait prices will apply.
Leisure photography service
- A visit to the location where you enjoy your leisure pursuit.
- Taking an unlimited number of photographs of any number of people engaged in the pursuit.
- Editing to perfect all chosen pictures.
- Preparation and provision of a set of proofs for you to keep.
- 2 prints (8"x6") of your choice in black card mounts or other products to the same value.
Prices start at £ 260.00 (Deposit £ 60.00)
Why choose this service?
- 30 years experience of professional photography.
- Having seen the samples you know you are getting me, the photographer who took them.
- My time is committed. Significant hours are put into your pictures even after the event.
- Detailed attention to every photograph.
- A personal service tailored to your needs and discussed directly with you.
- No limit to the number of photographs taken.
- Many and varied angles, directions and situations photographed.
- High quality pictures and materials.
- A wide range of picture sizes, albums and other image processing services.
- I like what I do and want it to be the very best.
- Any number of prints can be ordered over and above the first two that come with the service. Prices for these are detailed below.
- There is no limit to the number of angles, poses, activities or people taken within a session. You just need to consider whether all the pictures you want will require a longer session.
- Prices may be affected by factors such as distance to be travelled and extra time required.
Up to two hours on location: £ 260.00
Each additional hour (or part) at location: £ 39.15
Factors affecting price
- Distance. If the location for the pictures is outside the Medway and Maidstone areas extra mileage will be considered.
- Time. If the assignment requires more than two hours to take the photographs.
Reprint and enlargement prices
|6" x 4"
|7" x 5"
|8" x 6"
|10" x 8"
|12" x 8"
|30" x 20"
Canvas prints - hand-stretched on a 2" x 2" pine frame (virtually any size available)
Two sample prices for canvases are
|16" x 12"
|23½" x 16"
- The sizes above represent only a small selection of those on offer.
- For each separate order or delivery address there is a charge of £ 3.75 to cover postage and packing or distribution costs. Many people's orders put together and sent or delivered to one person will count as one order. The first order placed carries no charge.
- Mounted prints come in a black card folder.
- Prints can be on glossy or matt finish.
||£ 12.65 each
||£ 5.05 each
||£ 10.55 each
||£ 4.20 each
||£ 9.48 each
||£ 3.80 each
||£ 8.45 each
||£ 3.40 each
High resolution files come in JPG format and are suitable for making prints up to poster sizes. Low resolution files are also in JPG format but are much smaller. They are suitable for viewing on computer screens, digital photo frames and putting on websites like facebook. They will not make good prints of any size at all.
- High resolution images (if more than 2) come on a CD for which there is a charge of £3.75 to cover postage and packing (only one P&P charge applies if you are buying other items at the same time).
- Low resolution versions and up to two high resolution versions can be emailed incurring no P&P charge.
- Cash, cheques, bank transfers and credit/debit cards (through this website) are accepted as forms of payment.
- Cheques should be made payable to "JG Photographer".
- A deposit of £ 60 is required to make a firm booking.
- The balance of the agreed price is required at or before the photo session.
- All orders must be paid for either before or upon receipt of the items.
- Orders requiring posting are subject to postage & packing charges.
- Individual and family portraits.
- Parties and functions.
- School, club, team and organisation photographs (individual and/or group).
- Commercial (business and industrial) photography.
About the photographer
- I am married and have four grown up children. Photography began as a hobby in my early teens and I have had many professional assignments, particularly at weddings, since 1982. Apart from weddings, I am the Photographer for many schools around Medway. Clients for numerous assignments include the BBC, Classic fm, Channel 4, Faber Music and Hillreed Homes.
- I use a Canon EOS 5D MkII. This is a digital SLR camera with an image sensor chip of 21 million pixels capable of producing sharp images up to the very largest sizes.
- A Canon EOS 7D (a digital SLR camera with 18 million pixels) is used as a back-up.
- A fixed 50mm f1.4 lens and 4 zoom lenses (all Canon) covering focal lengths from 17mm to 400mm enable a wide range of shots from close up to wide angle.
- A Canon Speedlite 580EX flash unit is often used even outdoors (if the subject is within range) for softening shadows, filling in light and providing attractive catch-lights in the subject's eyes.
- For indoor activities requiring additional lighting I use Bowens studio lights (three Gemini Esprit 750 flash heads) and a series of reflectors, diffusers and brollies.
- Images are processed and enhanced on a high spec PC using Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 software. This highly acclaimed software matches Adobe PhotoShop which, until recently, was the industry benchmark.
- The digital images are transferred electronically to a professional laboratory in North London where they are printed on Fuji photographic paper with a fade resistance rating of 150 years.
- Copies of all the images (original, digitally enhanced and the proofs) are stored on two separate hard drives (one internal and one external) and written to CD to minimise any risk of losing them.
- The photography services are only considered to be booked on payment of the deposit. Deposits are not returnable.
- The balance of the payment (the agreed price less the deposit paid) will be due at or before the photo session.
- All rights for reproduction of photographs remain entirely with the photographer. The images will always be legally owned by the photographer. The customer may purchase and own prints from the photographer but these may not be scanned, photographed or copied in any way.
- CD images may be used for personal usage but may not be given, sold or used for profit in any way without seeking copyright permission from the Photographer.
- The photographer may use any images he has taken for his own promotional use.
- The photographer may place any images on his internet web site for the purpose of making them available for viewing by family and friends and enabling them to place orders.
- In the very unlikely event of the pictures being lost, destroyed or otherwise incapable of being provided there will be a full refund of any monies paid. The customer agrees to this being the full extent of any claim against the photographer.
- Reprint and enlargement prices quoted at the time of booking will be honoured for any orders placed up to 1 year after the session. After that the prices current at that time will apply.