Event photography 2017
Download this information in a pdf file for convenient reference and printing here
(To read a pdf file you need to have Adobe® ReaderTM installed on your computer.)
Events differ from my 'functions' and 'leisure' packages in that in the other packages I am commissioned to do the work by a client. With events I am there because I have chosen to be in the belief that people will want to buy photographs. I am not being paid to do the assignment so pricing for the pictures is different from, say, the portrait service. Prices are highly competitive.
- At the event I will take as many pictures as possible of the activities on the site.
- Where I have arranged it with the event organisers I will make pictures available for viewing either in print or on a portable computer on the site. This is not always practical or possible.
- A selection of pictures (at least one of each competitor is possible) may be printed, displayed and offered for sale at the event. There is not time to print every picture that is taken. The complete set will be on the internet later.
- At all events I will make pictures available on my website (www.jgphotographer.co.uk) within 24 hours of the event closing. This, of course, is a target and occasionally there are circumstances that cause it to take longer.
- Examples of pictures from events are on show in the sample album in the Event Gallery on the website.
- Print prices at the event are often different from the prices quoted here for purchase after the event.
When placing orders through the website 'contact' facility or via email please remember to include the image number, the size, the finish (matt or gloss), the display (mounted/unmounted) and the quantity. I will reply with a cost and then will await payment before dispatching or delivering the prints.
Mounted sequence print with names, event and date - £35.00
- A 22" x 10" mount made from extra thick mounting board with bevelled edges to the photo insert.
- A 20" x 8" print of 4 images in a sequence presented in the mount.
- Wording on the print of rider's and horse's names, the event and the date.
Premium mount with photo and caption - £19.50
- A 12" x 10" mount made from extra thick mounting board with bevelled edges to the picture inserts.
- A 9" x 6" photo presented in the mount.
- A caption with wording of your choice beneath the picture.
|6" x 4"
|7" x 5"
|8" x 6"
|10" x 8"
|12" x 8"
|30" x 20"
Canvas Prints - hand-stretched on a 2" x 2" pine frame (virtually any size is available)
Two sample prices for canvases are
|16" x 12"
|23½" x 16"
- The sizes above represent only a small selection of those on offer.
- For each separate order or delivery address there is a charge of £ 3.75 to cover postage and packing or distribution costs. Many people's orders put together and sent or delivered to one person will count as one order.
- Mounted prints come in a black card folder.
- Prints can be on glossy or matt finish.
- Cash, cheques, bank transfers and credit/debit cards (through this website) are accepted as forms of payment.
- Cheques should be made payable to "JG Photographer".
- All orders must be paid for either before or upon receipt of the items.
- Orders requiring posting are subject to postage & packing charges (£ 3.75).
- Individual and family portraits.
- Parties and functions.
- Leisure activities and hobbies.
- School, club, team and organisation photographs (individual and/or group).
- Commercial (business and industrial) photography.
About the photographer
- I am married and have four grown up children. Photography began as a hobby in my early teens and I have had many professional assignments, particularly at weddings, since 1982. Apart from weddings, I am the Photographer for many schools around Medway. Clients for numerous assignments include the BBC, Classic fm, Channel 4, Faber Music and Hillreed Homes.
- I use a Canon EOS 5D MkII. This is a digital SLR camera with an image sensor chip of 21 million pixels capable of producing sharp images up to the very largest sizes.
- A Canon EOS 7D (a digital SLR camera with 18 million pixels) is used as a back-up.
- A fixed 50mm f1.4 lens and 4 zoom lenses (all Canon) covering focal lengths from 17mm to 400mm enable a wide range of shots from close up to wide angle.
- A Canon Speedlite 580EX flash unit is often used even outdoors (if the subject is within range) for softening shadows, filling in light and providing attractive catch-lights in the subject's eyes.
- Images are processed and enhanced on a high spec PC using Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 software. This highly acclaimed software matches Adobe PhotoShop which, until recently, was the industry benchmark.
- The digital images are transferred electronically to a professional laboratory in North London where they are printed on Fuji photographic paper with a fade resistance rating of 150 years.
- Copies of all the images (original, digitally enhanced and the proofs) are stored on two separate hard drives (one internal and one external) and written to CD to minimise any risk of losing them.
- All rights for reproduction of photographs remain entirely with the photographer. The images will always be legally owned by the photographer. The customer may purchase and own prints from the photographer but these may not be scanned, photographed or copied in any way.
- CD images may be used for personal usage but may not be given, sold or used for profit in any way without seeking copyright permission from the Photographer.
- The photographer may use any images he has taken for his own promotional use.
- The photographer may place any images on his internet web site for the purpose of making them available for viewing by family and friends and enabling them to place orders.
- In the very unlikely event of the pictures being lost, destroyed or otherwise incapable of being provided there will be a full refund of any monies paid. The customer agrees to this being the full extent of any claim against the photographer.
- Print prices will be the price displayed on the website at the time the order is placed.